Hydro Connect is a cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) platform that gives chemical providers and end users increased visibility into their operations, optimizes production, reduces costs and increases customer satisfaction.
Built on the Microsoft Azure platform, Hydro Connect utilizes data generated from Hydro’s Central Dosing Systems, currently operating in industrial laundries worldwide. Data transmits securely between the unit and the Hydro Connect system using a cellular modem and monthly data package.
Advantages of Hydro Connect
- Scalable solutions across multiple cleaning environments: Hydro Connect transmits data to the cloud in a number of ways, including cellular, WiFi or Bluetooth depending the environment.
- Remote configuration: Users can make changes to their central dosing system configuration remotely from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Previously these changes required costly site visits, and now users are reporting up to 90% savings in maintenance costs. Common changes that can be made remotely include adding a formula, changing a dosing amount and switching a unit from flow meter to time mode.
- A proven, reliable and secure platform: The Microsoft Azure architecture provides users with a trusted and secure platform, used by hundreds of leading companies across multiple industries for their IoT solutions.
- Enhanced knowledge to help run your business: Current Hydro Connect capabilities allow customers and end users to log in and view professional laundry reports in seconds. This reduces time-consuming data uploads, manipulation in Microsoft Excel and the use of a proprietary software package. The flexibility of Hydro Connect makes it a valuable tool for both tactical, day-to-day monitoring and monthly summaries to management.
- Alarm reporting: Proactively view alarms to rapidly eliminate abnormal conditions that drive profit loss.
- Production: Eliminate the use of out-of-date paper logs to document the number of pounds or loads run in your facility.
- Chemical usage: Simplify and improve the accuracy of your billing procedures with metered usage reports on chemical product and formula.
- Cost: Quickly access a snapshot of the chemical cost by formula to actively manage and improve unprofitable formulas or accounts.
- Observations/recommendations: Eliminate hours of data manipulation and analysis. For a minimal charge, a Hydro expert will review the monthly data and provide recommendations to help reduce rewash and optimize cleaning results.
- Real-time dashboard: View washer status, alerts and key productivity metrics in real-time to proactively pinpoint inefficiencies while reducing rewash.